RESCUE OPERATION BY NDRF
Date 28th July, 2017 Time 1400 Hrs
NDRF Teams are continuously engaged in Rescue & Relief operations with full zeal and commitment in various flood prone areas across the country.
- Gujarat:- 33 NDRF teams are deployed for rescue and relief work. Yesterday, NDRF teams carried out rescue operation at flood prone areas of Banaskatha, Patan, Ahmadabad, Morbi and Aravalli. NDRF teams evacuated 1715 persons at Banaskatha, 32 persons at Patan, 438 persons at Ahmedabad, 1079 persons at Morbi. NDRF teams have rescued/evacuated 5605 persons, 27 livestock and retrieved 08 dead bodies. NDRF teams also assisted in relief work and distributed 17818 food packets, 11850 water bottles and medicine to 233 persons.
- Rajasthan:- 04 flood and rescue teams of NDRF are deployed in flood affected areas of State. NDRF team operational at Jalore evacuated 26 persons.
- West Bengal:- 10 NDRF teams are deployed at Siliguri, Rajarhat, Howrah, Ghattal, Jalpauguri, Hooghly and Burdwan for prompt response to flood disaster. In addition, 01 team is positioned at Kolkata. Yesterday, NDRF team carried out operation and rescued 131 persons at Hooghly and 76 persons at East Medinipur.
- Assam:- 08 NDRF teams are deployed at Guwahati, Silchar, Sonitpur, Barpeta, Tinsukiya, Jorhat and Sibsagar for quick response to flood disaster. In addition, 06 teams are positioned at Guwahati. Yesterday, one sub team carried out rescue operation at Village- Sukmanh, Distt – Berpeta, Guwahati in connection with drowing of 01 Child (07 years) in Palla River and retrived 01 dead body.
- Odisha: 05 NDRF teams are deployed in Odisha where River Suwarnrekha is flowing above danger level. NDRF teams are keeping close watch over the development of flood situation.
- Chhattisgarh:Mand river in Raygarh district is flowing above danger mark. NDRF battalion Mundali has been put on alert and is in close coordination with local administration to render any assistance if needed.
NDRF HQ, New Delhi is monitoring the situation closely and is in touch with other agencies and stakeholders.
Issued By : PR Cell, NDRF HQ, New Delhi