Dated 19/08/2018 Time: - 1700 Hrs.
NDRF responders are selflessly engaged in rescue & evacuation activities with full zeal & commitments on eleventh consecutive day, today in Kerala. 58 NDRF teams are working in-difficult conditions & terrains to deal with the worst flood over a century.
2. Though the condition is improving in some places as water started receding, NDRF has scaled up its response activities in the places which are still affected viz. Thiruvalla & Chengannur (Alappuzha) & Aleva (Ernakulum) and parts of Idukki. Additional NDRF teams are being mobilised to these places from the adjoining places to rescue marooned families from flooded parts. Besides, medical camps are also being established by NDRF teams in several areas to provide pre medical care to the needy people. Multiple requests received on the social media platforms/helpline number are also being responded by NDRF teams working on the ground.
3. Today, NDRF teams rescued 06 in Alappuzha, evacuated 2530 from various flooded areas of Alappuzha, Ernakulum, Pathanmithitta & Idukki persons. NDRF teams also provided medical assistance to 2900 needy persons till the last report came.
4. NDRF also dispatched additional essential rescue equipment from various NDRF locations.
5. So far, NDRF teams rescued 348 persons & 50 livestock, evacuated over 15,000 persons and provided medical assistance to 3197 needy persons. Operations are still going on.
6. Director General, NDRF is personally supervising the on-going rescue operations by NDRF in Kerala. A 24x7, NDRF control room is monitoring the situation round the clock and is in close touch with other agencies/stakeholders.
Issued By :- PR Cell, NDRF HQ, New Delhi.