ORGANIZATION CHART OF TRAINING BRANCH HQ NDRF
The training regime for disaster response has been prepared to achieve the following broadobjectives:
- Keeping up-to-date and enhancing professional knowledge and skills in the field of disaster response which is required for better performance of individuals and organization.
- Promoting better understanding of professional requirements especially developing superb physical fitness, care & maintenance of equipment, developing adequate ToTs & Master Trainers’ to act as resource person, gender sensitization & differently able person etc.
- Bringing about right attitudinal orientation in the disaster responders which should emphasize upon improving the humanitarian and behavioral approach.
- To get regular feedback from the trainees, enabling policy makers to bring about required changes in the training regime for future actions.
To maintain the desired level of professionalism,it has to keep pace with the fast emergingtechnological advancements and expectationsof the Govt & the society in large in the contextof disaster response from NDRF on occurrenceof disaster whether natural or man-made.Therefore, while preparing this training regime, all efforts have been made to focus on the following factors while executing formulated trainingprogramme:-
- Commitment towards protecting the precious human lives, precious property including livestock.
- Awareness towards special needs including gender sensitivity, community awareness andtechnological developments.
- Infusion of scientific temper.
- High performance in every field.
Keeping in view the onerous task of imparting training to the unit personnel for ensuring optimalattainment of the mandate of the NDRF, proper planning is required to be done. As already statedabove, the bulk of training should be “hands-on” and liberal use should be made of audio-visual aids.The training regime for disaster response will have to take care of the following broad categories ofsteps and courses which can facilitate in imparting meticulous training to the NDRF personnel:
- Daily / Routine Training in Battalions of NDRF
- Basic Courses
- Advanced Courses
- Specialized Courses
- Team level / Collective Training